Monday, June 29, 2009

Aquarium Blog: Hydor CO2 green NRG Exclusive


I received my replacement Hydor "pressure reducer" and two disposable cartridges. I wore gloves screwing on the cartridge, he, he. First attempt the pin did not penetrate the disposable cartridge. The pressure reducer comes with two washers installed and I debated removing one, but instead just backed out and back in and succeeded. I hope the washer is intact. The pressure reducer leaked CO2 from a couple of places for about twenty seconds or so before it appeared to "settle". I thought that was pretty odd, but there are no leaks now and it's dispensing CO2 from zero to several bubbles a second as I adjust. I'm certain it's not a long term solution for a 50g tank as the disposable cartridges are not cost efficient for this size tank. I'm pretty happy to retire the DIY system after only one day. Reading more: I'm convinced I'm the only soul in the US using a Hydor pressure reducer. If you are make sure and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I'm using one. I just bought the hydor green nrg exclusive kit but am afraid to put it together. I've seen to many videos where it explodes when ppl go to put the pin into the co2 tank. Any advice? I csnt find any videos on the internet anywhere about this kit....

    ReplyDelete